State Historic Sites Springfield
- Vietnam Christmas Remembrance
- Walk, Hike, Bike and History
- Dana Thomas
- Korean War Memorial
- Lincoln's Tomb
- Old State Capitol
- Lincoln Tomb Exterior
- Vachel Lindsay Home
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- WWII Memorial
Discover the history, stories and people of Springfield.
State Historic Sites are part of IDNR's Office of Land Management, which also oversees the management of the State Parks, State Recreation Areas, State Fish & Wildlife Areas, and State Habitat Areas. Through our values of history, hospitality and health, our site-level mission is to preserve a network of six museums and monuments and share with visitors the dynamic histories of these nationally significant places.
The Old State Capitol State Historic Site, in Springfield, Illinois, is the fifth capitol building built for the U.S. state of Illinois. It was built in the Greek Revival style in 1837–1840, and served as the state house from 1840 to 1876.
The Lincoln Tomb is the final resting place of the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln, his wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, and three of their four sons, Edward, William, and Thomas. It is located in Oak Ridge Cemetery in Springfield, Illinois.
The Dana–Thomas House is a home in Prairie School style designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Built 1902–04 for patron Susan Lawrence Dana, it is located along East Lawrence Avenue in Springfield, Illinois.
The Historic Preservation Division under the Department of Natural Resources oversees a remarkable array of monuments and memorials in Springfield. Each with its own artistry.
The Vachel Lindsay House is a historic house museum at 603 South 5th Street in Springfield, Illinois. Built in 1848, it was the birthplace and lifelong home of poet Vachel Lindsay. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1971.
The Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices State Historic Site is a historic brick building built in 1841 in the U.S. state of Illinois. It is located at 6th and Adams Streets in Springfield, Illinois. The law office has been restored and is operated by the Illinois Historic Preservation Division under the Department of Natural Resources as a state historic site.