Whether you’re a student with a homework assignment, a scholar researching a book or simply a curious fan of history, The Illinois Historic Preservation Division offers the right tool for learning about the state’s rich heritage.
- Explore 2,500 years of Illinois in an interactive timeline.
- Visit our Digital DNR repository.
- Review the online resources that provide instant information on everything from historic buildings to inaccurate Lincoln quotes.
- Browse through historic photos from around the state.
- The Student Historian Program offers opportunities for students to create websites, exhibits, skits, and research papers on topics of Illinois and local history for competition in regional history fairs. Students receiving a Superior ribbon at regionals are eligible to compete at the Illinois History Expo and National History Day.