301 East Lawrence Street, Springfield
Open Daily: Tours at 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM
- No more than 15 guests will be permitted on each tour. This includes adults, children and infants.
- The Dana-Thomas House has several small interior spaces.
- Guests will not be permitted to touch any furniture, artwork or other artifacts in the house.
- The Dana-Thomas House contains many stairs and narrow hallways spread over 16 different elevations. Please keep this in mind when making your reservations.
- Not all areas of the house are accessible by wheelchairs or other mobility assist devices. If you will be using a wheelchair or other mobility assist device that does not permit use of stairs, we would appreciate you contacting us at 217-782-6776 or email@example.com so we are prepared to give you a tour of the accessible areas.
- Teachers in Illinois schools (grades prekindergarten through 12) can apply for grant funds to visit this site on a field trip with their students.
- Dana-Thomas Education Resources - This education material has been designed for elementary and high school students.
- Visit the Dana-Thomas House Foundation Website
Site Holiday Closings:
New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Presidents Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Site Holiday Openings:
Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day.
When was the last time you experienced your architectural heritage?
Join us for a guided tour of the Dana-Thomas House State Historic Site.
In the heart of our country, progressive-minded heiress Susan Lawrence Dana hired architect Frank Lloyd Wright to design her a home in which she could advance ideas about education and democracy.
The environment they created is one of the best-preserved examples of Wright's "organic architecture," containing more than 100 pieces of custom furniture and over 250 works of original art glass.
We invite you to see and experience the Dana-Thomas House by taking a guided tour of the site. Please note photography, video, and other recording are only permitted on the exterior of the house.
Reservations are encouraged due to limited tour capacity and can be made on this page. If you need assistance making your reservation online, please call us at 217-782-6776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no charge for the tour, but donations to support the historic site are appreciated.
Please report to the front door of the house on Lawrence Avenue 5-10 minutes before your reserved tour time to check in and begin your tour. Do not visit the carriage house upon arrival.
Due to construction, beginning 10/11/21, parking for the Dana-Thomas House temporarily moved to the lot on the corner of Fourth Street and Lawrence Avenue.
Photography, video and other recording are limited to the exterior of the house only; photography, video and other recording are NOT permitted inside the house.
Teachers in Illinois schools (grades prekindergarten through 12) can apply for grant funds to visit this site on a field trip with their students. Click here for the details.